Convento dos Capuchos
Relax in a XVIII Century Monastery
Walk through the mistery of a centenary cloister
A unique experience
Convento dos Capuchos Hotel is an ancient monastery leaning over the river Minho, in Monção. As a religious building it is still possible to identify some typical dependencies like the Chapter Room, the door of charity, the wine-cellar, the chapel, and the tower room.
The Cloister, a space place of unique privacy, is the ex-libris of the Hotel.
The revalorization of the surrounding gardens, and specially the Monk’s Fountain, a spot of great beauty, has preserved all the memory and mysterious character of the Convento dos Capuchos.
Today, Convento dos Capuchos Hotel opens the doors of History, granting the Community the enjoyment of a classified heritage with the highest levels of comfort, functionality and modernity.
Convento dos Capuchos Hotel has:
• Rooms, decorated with a touch of design. All rooms are equipped with LCD TV, telephone, internet wi-fi, mini-bar and air conditioning. There are six rooms which can be transformed into 3 family suites and one anti-allergic room ;
• A Cozinha do Convento – restaurant of regional and author cuisine, with a capacity for 60 persons and composed of two spaces, on of which (with a capacity of 16 persons) can be used for lunch or dinner meetings or small parties in a set apart environment;
• Sæculare Lounge and Criptopórtico Bar – Lounge with a capacity for 180 persons for meetings, conferences, exhibits, or banquets;
• Bamboo SPA – sauna, turkish bath, hydromassage pool, and massage services;
• ARF Gymnasium – a gymnasium fully equipped for cardio-fitness and workout.
• Free private parking
In the green spaces of the Convento dos Capuchos Hotel you can benefit from:
• Santo António Esplanade – exterior bar in the peribolus of Convento dos Capuchos
• Eira and Espigueiro – regional traditional activities recreated on site
• Mini-golf courses
• Swimming pool
• Tenis Court
• Tenis table
• Playground for children
Besides the walking courses and fitness circuits, the Hotel has some interesting leisure spots which invite you to relaxation and to enjoy nature: the Monk’s Fountain, the Brook of the Village Fountain, the Corner of the Monk’s Well and the Bamboo Garden. It is possible to practice adventure sports, water sports, and horse riding nearby. The hotel has the laundry service, as well as, on request, early checkin, late arrival, express checkout and late checkout.
- Characteristics and Services
- Room facilities
- Other informations
Registration No.: 13