Convent of Santa Clara in ÉvoraThe Monastery of Santa Clara was founded in 1452 by the Bishop of Évora, D. Vasco Perdigão.In observance of the rules of St Francis, one of the persons who lived in the convent was Princess D. Joana, daughter of (...)
Convent and Chapel of Nossa Senhora da EsperançaIntimately connected to the worship of Santo Cristo dos Milagres, the convent and Chapel were built in 1545. Subsequent alterations were made, including the curious quadrangular tower with various (...)
Sagres or the Promontorium Sacrum. This location evokes the memory of the Infante D. Henrique and the Portuguese discoveries. The southwesternmost point in the European continent, was already referred to in antiquity as the Promontorium Sacrum, (...)
Parish Church of Santa Catarina - CalhetaThe Parish Church of Santa Catarina was built in the 18th century.Key features include the masonry work doorways, decorated in an Azorean baroque style, the high altar in gilded woodwork and two valuable (...)
Around 6 kilometres from Braga, there is the Benedictine Monastery of Tibães. Built on the site of a former Roman villa called Tevilanis, it was founded by Saint Martin of Dume in the 6th century during the Sueve reign of Teodomiro. In 1078, the (...)
*Please wait*The password recovery instructions will be sent to your e-mail.*E-mail not sent. Try again.
Login using social networks