Building work on this basilica dedicated to Santa Luzia and the Sacred Heart of Jesus started in 1904, and lasted until 1959. It is the work of architect Miguel Ventura Terra, who was succeeded by Miguel Nogueira, after the death of his master in (...)
A Royal Basilica in the heart of the village.The Church of Our Lady of the Conception, known locally as the Royal Basilica, was rebuilt during the first half of the 18th century, on the site of the original parish headquarters, by the patronage of (...)
Santo Cristo de Outeiro Minor BasilicaConstruction began in 1698 in the wake of a miracle that occurred in a small chapel next door and the Santo Cristo Sanctuary was completed in first half of the 18th century. Endowed with archaic characteristics (...)
Count Raczinski wrote about this library in "Les Arts au Portugal" in the following terms: «it is the most beautiful, most richly decorated library that I have ever seen». In fact, the beautiful and noble interior of this sumptuous space, built (...)
Porto City CouncilThis striking building, harking back to the architecture of the great communal palaces of the north of Europe, is set at the top of the Avenida dos Aliados (Avenue of the Allies).Construction began on this robust, imposing building (...)
Founded back in 1392, the Boa Nova Chapel is dedicated to São Clemente das Penhas (St Clement of Cliffs). It belonged to a small Franciscan monastery that in 1478 opted to move onto the better-sheltered Conceição estate.
Standing on the site of a former Moorish mosque, the building was restored in 1499 as a Misericórdia (Mercy) Chapel. Rebuilt after the earthquake of 1755, it nevertheless retains some of its earlier gothic features, namely the doorway, the triumphal (...)
Capela das Almas (Chapel of Souls) It was the first mother church of Viana until the mid-15th century, when the Cathedral was built within the walled perimeter.Traditionally known as Matriz Velha (Old Mother Church), it was renamed the (...)
The Chapel, in the heart of the current Fátima Sanctuary, was built by local people in 1919 in response to the request made by Our Lady during one of the apparitions. The first mass to be held there was in 1921.Although subject to certain changes, (...)
*Please wait*The password recovery instructions will be sent to your e-mail.*E-mail not sent. Try again.
Login using social networks