Also known as Bas¡lica do Sagrado Coração de Jesus (Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus), this is one of Lisbonïs most important 18th century monuments.The Baroque style predominates throughout the building, although the central part of the façade (...)
The Church of the Most Holy Trinity is situated within the enclosure of the Sanctuary of Fátima, on the opposite side of the Basilica. It was inaugurated in 2007 but had been planned since 1973. In fact since then there had been the need to build a (...)
Building work on this basilica dedicated to Santa Luzia and the Sacred Heart of Jesus started in 1904, and lasted until 1959. It is the work of architect Miguel Ventura Terra, who was succeeded by Miguel Nogueira, after the death of his master in (...)
A Royal Basilica in the heart of the village.The Church of Our Lady of the Conception, known locally as the Royal Basilica, was rebuilt during the first half of the 18th century, on the site of the original parish headquarters, by the patronage of (...)
Santo Cristo de Outeiro Minor BasilicaConstruction began in 1698 in the wake of a miracle that occurred in a small chapel next door and the Santo Cristo Sanctuary was completed in first half of the 18th century. Endowed with archaic characteristics (...)
Count Raczinski wrote about this library in "Les Arts au Portugal" in the following terms: «it is the most beautiful, most richly decorated library that I have ever seen». In fact, the beautiful and noble interior of this sumptuous space, built (...)
Porto City CouncilThis striking building, harking back to the architecture of the great communal palaces of the north of Europe, is set at the top of the Avenida dos Aliados (Avenue of the Allies).Construction began on this robust, imposing building (...)
Founded back in 1392, the Boa Nova Chapel is dedicated to São Clemente das Penhas (St Clement of Cliffs). It belonged to a small Franciscan monastery that in 1478 opted to move onto the better-sheltered Conceição estate.
Standing on the site of a former Moorish mosque, the building was restored in 1499 as a Misericórdia (Mercy) Chapel. Rebuilt after the earthquake of 1755, it nevertheless retains some of its earlier gothic features, namely the doorway, the triumphal (...)
*Please wait*The password recovery instructions will be sent to your e-mail.*E-mail not sent. Try again.
Login using social networks